Saturday, December 01, 2012

Choose JOY...

2012 has been the year of "Choose Joy" for me...you may have seen the phrase in each month's header, you may have clicked the icon/link on my sidebar or you may have read my original post on "choosing joy" on January 1st last year. I had big intentions on January 1st to post a photo a day of what brought me joy each day this year but life just got in the way. When I quit posting joy photos, I mentioned that I would love to do a month of posting them daily and so to close out 2012 I intend to stick to it, 31 days of simple joys shared on the blog, here we come! Some days I might not get to a computer to blog but I will catch up with the missed days when I'm able.
I'm spending today with little Miss Bailey while her parents are out shopping and I can honestly say what a joy it is! I never really understood how a grandma felt about her grandchildren until I became one, what precious "bundles of JOY" my two granddaughters are. Of course, they are not the only sources of joy in my life and I have spent everyday this year singling out one simple thing each day that brought me joy - it has been just as life changing as listing 3 things a day I'm thankful for that I've been doing for several years now. The quest is on for a "theme" for 2013 but in the meanwhile let's all have a JOY Filled December! Today is also a beautiful day outside, sunshine and above average temps of near 50 degrees. Bailey and I were standing at the window looking for the cardinal (yeah! He's still here) when look what we spotted bathing on the rock...
Redpolls are visiting and have been for several days now.
Have a wonderful day...

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Grandchildren are JOY in every way. I have only one,but she is my sunshine. Love those Redpolls as well.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful! I'm sure they enjoy watching the birds with their grandma.