Sunday, April 01, 2012

spring blossoms...

March was one for the record books here in MN with many days of warm shirt sleeve weather instead of snowboots and parkas. Yesterday was one of those beautiful days so I took advantage of it and worked in the gardens. Spotting my first tiny tulips of the year was a highlight so I grabbed the camera to document early spring in the garden.


Not only was this past month one for the record books in terms of temperatures it was also the earliest the pond was thawed and the fish put back in which usually happens in late April to early May. In addition, having to mow the lawn in March was a first in our 31 years of home ownership! I took a look back to my 2011 photos to compare garden shots and was greeted with sights of snow piles and ice...I sure am enjoying this spring.

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

This certainly has been an unusual year. I like all those new spring blooms.

Marigene said...

Pretty tulip. I am waiting for rhubarb to come into the grocery...should be in the next couple of weeks, I would think.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Beautiful blooms Marsha! This winter was a first for us also.