Monday, July 18, 2011

mosaic Monday...scenes from the yard

For mosaic Monday I chose photos taken over the week since I last posted. It is so humid here that for 2 days I haven't been able to take my camera outside as it fogs up too badly and I don't want to get moisture inside of my lens.

We start out with photos of the backyard garden, it is really becoming colorful with lots of blooms.
Next up is Pine Hollow which has expanded and more fairies moved in...I even spied one riding a horse.
More color is showing around the house - the most asked question on the garden tour last week was "where do you get all your clematis?" They were all putting on a show for the guests.
The barnyard continues to be a fun little garden and more chickens and a piglet have moved in.
Some of my favorite blossoms...
I especially love the yellow tiger lily that I just added this spring.
I wish the next scene wasn't in the yard! We have two resident immature hawks and they constantly squawk, it is very loud and annoying when one is trying to relax outside.
Have a great week - I will be spending most of it indoors as we are in the upper 90s and the heat indexes are around 105 degrees.

6 comments:

Darla said...

Your grounds look gorgeous! We have hawks all over too and they can be loud.

Wanda said...

Just devine. A little corner of heaven, I would think!

pam said...

Beautiful! Love the hawk shots!

Vee said...

Your garden is a delight; and Pine Hollow is extra delightful. I'm sorry that the hawks make so much noise because they are beautiful in flight.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Just so beautiful Marsha!

Carol said...

Beautiful, Marsha, just beautiful!
The hawks are fantastic, but I totally get you on the noise. Great shots!