Wednesday, July 20, 2011

garden shots...

This morning was the first morning I dared take the camera outside with our high humidity levels this week. The lens stilled fogged up but I let the camera sit on the patio table long enough to acclimate and took enough photos for 2 posts since its got to be hard on the lens.

First up is one of my 3 Annabelle hydrangeas loaded with blossoms. I purchased one plant 10 years ago and have since divided it into 4 plants. Two summers ago, I gave one of the divisions to my daughter, Jayme, and this year she was so excited as it really had taken off and was covered in blossoms. This morning I received a picture text of her Annabelle as the deer had eaten all the blossoms off overnight. I'm glad my garden is deer-proof thanks to Hershey & Ruger :)
I love the color combination of this shot! Ville De Lyon and Venosa Violacea clematis with a few pops of orange from the honeysuckle vine.
An awesome view of the leaves of Peter Wonder coleus in the sunlight.
Annual Coreopsis and...
Blackberry Lily.
Hawaiian Blue Eyes evolvulus and...
Dianthus.
Little Grapette daylily and...
an a pretty red I don't have the name of.
Tigridia Pavonia - Mexican Shell Flowers in red,
yellow and ...
pink. What is that inside?
There is an abundance of these in the garden this year and...
with a shake of the stem, the flower looks much nicer :)

5 comments:

Marigene said...

Your flowers are stunningly beautiful...especially the hydrangeas. I love the shot with the yellow jacket. We have lots of black wasps/paper wasps this year.

Jayme said...

I am VERY disgusted with that deer!! My hydrangea would have looked just like that photo. Ugh!

Carol said...

Beautiful, Marsha, these are just beautiful. The yellow is so pretty and interesting inside.
Nice that you were able to share the hydrangea.

Wanda said...

Your pictures are always so stunning.

You are quite an inspiration as I deal with my very small flowerbeds. But they are mine, and I love seeing my Hydrangea bush which was tiny a couple of years ago, finally taking hold and doing good. I'm so glad as it was a potted flower given to me when I started my Cancer Journey.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As usual,your garden looks lovely.I like the red Day lily.