5 months ago
Saturday, March 12, 2011
steeple Sunday...
March is a busy month for us so blogging has taken a backseat for a few weeks. At least I can show you another steeple to look at for another week :)
This steeple caught my eye from the highway because of the windows in the upper steeple and the clocks on all four sides. A detour off the main road brought us to this beautiful church.
As the sign reads, it is St. Michael's Catholic Church in St. Michael, Minnesota. Built in 1890 in a German settlement from 1856.
The side views are just as beautiful as the front.
I especially like the triangle windows in the roof line.
As my header reads - taking the road less traveled...makes all the difference. A detour to a less traveled road is a wonderful surprise sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
THis is a very beautiful building.
Beautiful church!
This reminds me of a number of Catholic churches I've seen with the exception of the clocks..very unique.
Love all the steps in front...many have removed them and it really takes away from the overall effect!
It's beautiful!
They sure don't make 'em like they used to! :) Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Marsha - did you ahve time to peek inside? It's even more wonderful than the outside. My husband grew up in St. Michael and i've been to mass a number of times there. If I remember correctly, it's on some sort of historic register now.
Post a Comment