Sunday, March 06, 2011

steeple Sunday...


Today's steeple is more of a dome but definitely Steeple Sunday worthy. The photos do not really do the dome justice as when you are driving down the road the sunlight really reflects the green of the old copper sheeting.

St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Buffalo, MN. A funeral was being held there later in the day when I photographed it and a kind lady carrying in food told me the church was built in 1912. She was thrilled I was taking photos for my blog and invited me back for their 100 year celebration next year.



4 comments:

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Beautiful, Marsha! And how nice she was to invite you for the celebration!

Marigene said...

Beautiful!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

These are awesome! And I love the design treatment in the top photo. :D

Foley said...

This has to be one of all time favorites! Love the dome and the statue..something you don't see that often except inside. Also was impressed with the ten commandments..something else you rarely see outside like that..just stunning.