Monday, March 21, 2011

mosaic Monday...finding Spring!

Jeff & I arrived home yesterday after spending time riding the "the roads less traveled" on our cycles for the first several weeks of March. I like to call it our annual "finding spring" adventure because when March arrives here in MN, I am so sick of the long winter that it is time to pack up and go find spring :) This year was wonderful as we cycled west Texas and the Arbuckle Country of Oklahoma and I look forward to sharing photos of our adventures over the next week or so while we wait for the snow to melt in MN. Blooming trees were abundant in the small towns of west Texas as well as Oklahoma.
Blossoms were also abundant - the ones below as well as pansies, tulips and daffodils.
With temps in the 80s in the afternoons it was so hard to return from this beautiful landscape...
to a yard still filled with snow! This is the view of the backyard this morning.
I'm hoping the rain forecast for tomorrow melts this dirty mess but then our small town is in a flood warning so we don't want too much melt too fast either.

9 comments:

Jayme said...

I'd rather have your rain forecast than the blizzard watch we're in for tomorrow through Wed. Love the spring blooms.

Unknown said...

Marsha, just beautiful spring views! We are hving rain & brisk winds, tho spring has poked her pretty wee head thru ...

Happy spring!
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Ruth Hiebert said...

Leaving all that beauty and coming home to snow must be super hard.I too,look out and still see lots of snow,to top it off,we are under a winter storm watch.

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

How nice to see spring, it's beautiful! Look at all that snow! I'm so done with it, I can't wait for spring already! Beautiful trip!

Brenda said...

Your pictures are pretty! We had rain Sunday night that melted a lot of our snow. But the forecast for tomorrow is a winter storm. Winter?

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Your spring photos are great! We had a beautiful spring day on Sunday, went for a long walk on a nearby trail. There was no snow on the ground. Then on Monday, it snowed!

Foley said...

So happy you had a great trip! It would have been so much more fun if I would have been there!!
Can't believe how much more snow you have than we do..ours ia all melted away this past week..at least in my yard it is!

Kit Aerie-el said...

Beautiful blooms! Sweet ride.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Beautiful shots from your trip, Marsha! I can't wait to see flowers again. Our snow has finally melted this past week but we may get some flurries tonight - and cold the rest of the week so winter is still hanging on here too :(