5 months ago
Monday, March 28, 2011
at least it is spring...
INSIDE!
My planter of spring bulbs is finally blooming and what a welcome sight it is. We returned on Saturday night from another spring trip (this time on business) and I was so happy to see the dutch iris blooming because outside today it looks like this...
and this.
With all our snow this winter we took a short drive to see if there was any flooding in the area and Hershey was more than happy to go along.
Just down the road the creek is overflowing - it was across the road last Wednesday when we left but today it has receded a bit.
Hershey thinks that is a lot of water considering there is so much snow left to melt...
when driving down our road still looks like this!
I have one more Texas blog post prepared and was going to do a few more on the great sites we visited but my computer died. I hadn't had time to back up any of my trip photos so I am hoping the techs will be able to recover my files...wish them luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Enough of all the snow already.It is time for whats left to melt and green grass to appear.Lets hope this las snow leaves quickly.
Are you in the watch for tomorrow, at least if we get any it won't stay..supposed to be in 50's for the weekend. The iris' are so pretty
Blech! I don't think the snow is ever going away. I love the dog out the window photos.
And how lucky that you get to see such beautiful blooms without going all the way downtown to the flower show! Enjoy!
My goodness, isn't time for the snow to get on down the road? Your Irises are so pretty, my Dutch Irises are blooming (outside).
We had rain, sleet and snow most of Sunday, but it didn't stick! Hurry up Spring, I am so tired of the cold. The iris are beautiful...so is Hershey!
Very nice winter photos. And you've got one handsome pooch in those pictures too!
Hope spring arrives there soon!
You have worse than me on weather right now, but it's nice you have some blooms to look at for a while.
Cher
Goldenray Yorkies
I am tired of winter too but your Iris sure did look cheerful:)
It is wonderful to see Iris! Marsha, you have way too much snow left :-( Hang in there!
Post a Comment