Friday, May 21, 2010

raindrops and Friday's feathered friends...

It's time for Friday's feathered friends but I couldn't resist showing you the photos of the iris with raindrops I took this morning :)

This week brought several migrators besides the Cape May warbler I posted earlier in the week - this one I believe is a Tennesse warbler.
The bright blue of the indigo bunting is always a welcome sight in spring!
Female rose breasted grosbeak, I have yet to see the beautiful male.
These two are not migrators but it was fun to watch the goldfinch and baltimore oriole co-bathe.
I've spotted yellow warblers and the common yellowthroats as well but they are too fast for my camera.

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Darla said...

Such color on these birds..you will capture the fast birds I just know you will. Gorgeous Iris'!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Well,since I'm not seeing many birds on my yard,I enjoy the ones you post. Beautiful collages.I love the Irises with the water drops,so pretty.
Blessings,Ruth

Marigene said...

The indigo is gorgeous! I love the bright yellow of the finches...we have several that feed here. I love watching them pick the seeds from sunflowers at the end of summer, they about stand on their heads while perched on the edge of the flowers!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, Marcia ~ What exquisite pics you have shared .. made my day.

Have a fantastic weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photos of both irises and the birds. The indigo is so pretty!

Carolyn

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a colorful post, Marsha! I love the colors of the iris and your feathered friends.

Kathleen said...

You spot some beautiful birds, Marsha. The iris are lovely!

Wanda said...

I have doves, sparrows and house finches, but nothing with the color you have.....

Wish I had a few yellow, red and orange in my feeder.

Jayne said...

Oh, those shots of the bunting made my heart skip a beat! Beautiful collages Marsha. :c)

Cynthia said...

Fantastic mosaics, Marsha ... you not only capture the beauty of your bird visitors but also their personalities. I've never seen an indigo bunting in real life. They certainly are a strikingly beautiful color.

Carol said...

beautiful shots, Marsha! The iris are so pretty! and the birds are just amazing!

Anonymous said...

Marsha - Stopping by to say hello....and to see your beautiful pictures! Never disappointed coming to see you! Hope you & family are well.

I really love iris! There are so many varieties & all so pretty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so jealous you have an Indigo Bunting..I love their color..we may get one for just a day or two in the spring..that is it. :)