Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello, Handsome...

Welcome Back! I've missed you.



He's still very shy since arriving so the photos have been taken through the patio door - hopefully I will have clearer/sharper ones next time.

12 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

He is so beautiful! I usually get some passing through, but they never seem to stay long enough for me.
Your pictures are lovely.
Kate

Darla said...

The only way these could be sharper or clearer would be to see the bird in person. Beautiful!

Carol at Serendipity said...

I can hear them but they never get that close. Gorgeous pictures.

Carol

Darla said...

Hey, what's his name?

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful.

jalynn01 said...

How beautiful the black and orange look together. I have one of those feeders and have put it up for several years and never ever saw a bird using it. They prefer the fresh grapes or oranges or grape jelly at my house.

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous bird, but I don't know what kind he is. He certainly matches the feeder well!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Cynthia said...

Marsha, great pictures of your oriole. (I'm assuming he's an oriole.) Yes, definitely a handsome fellow.

We don't see them often around here. I've seen them at Powell Gardens but never in our neighborhood or nearby. They must not like the all the people and noises. Powell is about 25 miles from us and in a much more rural area.

Foley said...

We're getting orioles too... need to get more grape jelly!!
Gorgeous photos!!

Mollie said...

Striking!

Jayne said...

Oh, he's so gorgeous Marsha!

Carol said...

Marsha, I love how you color-coordinate your birds to the feeder :)

Beautiful little bird!