
I'm back from our annual "Finding Spring" cycling trip and this year it almost didn't happen! On our first day out - I was amazed by roadsides filled with daffodils until...

my trike broke down near the small town of Grapeland, TX.

There we pulled into Joe's Automotive & Welding Shop where we found the friendliest people and the best SERVICE imaginable. In TX, most motorcycle shops are closed on Mondays and Joe spent hours on the phone and internet with us trying to find the part. The open shops as far away as Houston did not even stock it and told us it would be 3-5 days to even get it in. A long story made short - is that we finally found the part back home in MN at our small town motorcycle mechanic shop, had it overnighted to Joe's shop and 24 hours later I was back on the road.

But the actual repair isn't the real story here it is Joe & his family...if any of my readers are from east Texas pay attention to the phone number above. This is the mechanic shop for you - I watched as he stopped whatever he was doing to greet each and every individual that walked into the shop or office, I watched as he talked to his employees with humor and respect, I watched as he went above and beyond to help two MN bikers get back on the road as soon as possible, I watched as his family (the girls were on spring break)worked in the office and spent time with him all day - an amazing atmosphere to run a business in.

Thank you to Josie, Eldie, Joe & Aly, the Graves' family - it was fantastic meeting all of you! I tried to scan in Joe's business card but the scanner was testy - but he has a quote on it..."if your car won't go, call Joe"...I think he can add cycle to that :) East Texan's write that phone number down!
In the coming days I'll show you spring in Texas, but the best thing is that we left home with snow everywhere and came back 16 days later to find it gone!
12 comments:
Your trip sounds like so much fun, Marsha, except for the delay. Joe and his family are good people. Isn't it refreshing to have service like this? I'm happy for you.
The daffodils are gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!
xoxo
Jane
It's nice to see there are terrific folks still out there! YAY to Joe, and glad he got you up and running! An adventurous trip then, but what a pretty start with all those tulips and daffodils! but glad you're back safe and sound and no more snow!
It is so nice to know there are still caring people in the world. Sounds like you had a great trip other than this little glitch.
Great post, Marsha!
Marsha, love the post & even more that Joe runs such a great shop.
Oh what a nice trip and a nice story! The flowers are breathtaking, I can't wait for ours to bloom! Cindy
Someone like this man deserve to be recognized and encouraged.We have all too few people who are willing to go that extra mile for others.
Blessings,Ruth
Joe sounds like a pretty special guy. If you trike had to break down, I guess you were lucky to be close to Joe's shop!
Thanks for bringing spring back from Texas with you!
What a nice family and so great to hear the service was outstanding. Glad you're back and especially that the snow is gone!
Love family owned businesses, looks like you found the right one....glad your snow is gone!
Welcome back, Marsha! What a great family business and family ;) Can't wait to see hear more of your trip.
How wonderful for the town to have a great guy like Joe. You were lucky to find him. Sounds like your local guy that shipped the part is a good guy too.
Post a Comment