Tuesday, March 02, 2010

sightings...

Other than the usual backyard birds I have not had any opportunities to spot much else in the way of wildlife lately. I was thrilled to finally see some deer on Saturday - only wish I could have gotten some better shots.
The smaller of the two was easily spooked when we stopped the truck...
but at least one posed for me.

30 degrees today - WHOO-HOOO! We actually had some melting of snow in the sunshine...I am so ready for spring :)

7 comments:

Foley said...

The little one poking his head up in the 1st photo is so cute..then look at that white tail!

I'm surprised you were able to get the shots you did..great job!

Bonnie said...

That first photo is amazing. I love seeing this snow start to melt. Can't wait to play in the flower beds! What fun to see the deer.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Don't you love it when spring is just around the corner, and you know that the snow start has to melt! I know you are more than ready for spring :-)

sanjeet said...

I love pink too. Never seen a pink cake but it is so awesome. Love it.
rihanna video

Jayne said...

Love your nuthatch Marsha and the deer are beautiful. I too, am so very ready for spring.

Darla said...

These are great captures...so glad your snow is melting some. I know you can hardly wait to get in your garden!

jalynn01 said...

Nice deer... Spring and Summer are just a memory in our minds...we have had such a long snowy winter but I dare say it IS coming..Our temps are up in the 30's too. Yea!! Love your new header..