Friday, January 29, 2010

the winter games...

Since the winter olympics will be here before we know it, I hung out some old skates. Ice skating was always a favorite event to watch with my daughter, Jayme. Her favorite skater was always Kristi Yamaguchi...so today I present the budding skater - Kristi Yamablujai. The judge is standing by for her scores :)








I love the look this one gave me to say the the skates were empty!

12 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful pictures.I love the one with the flared tail,it really shows the feathers so well.
Blessings,Ruth

Foley said...

Really tells a story..good thing you put out girls skates instead of boys..the poor birds would have probably keeled over from the odor!! LOL

Super photos!!

Darla said...

You had fun with these Blue Jays....

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'll give Kristi a 8.9 for technical skills :) What a cute post, Marsha!

My girls were very much enthralled with figure skating too and took lots of lessons. I would skate on the rink while they were having their lessons and once tried to do a waltz jump myself. One chipped elbow later, I hung up my figure skates.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful shots!!!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful series of shots. They made me smile!

Cynthia said...

What a fun, post ... love seeing the jays .. beautiful blues. I didn't realize how LONG the beaks are.

Kathy said...

Oh my, these are just gorgeous, the little bird and the photographs.

Carol said...

Fabulous shots, Marsha, I really enjoyed them! Fun post!

Suzy said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!! You are so creative Marsha. Those blue jays are hilarious. Great post.

Anonymous said...

I just love your Bluejay pictures, Marsha! I love Bluejay's in any way shape or form - but your's are special.

sandy said...

wow, this is clever and the photos are beautiful, especially when his tailfeathers are spread, ohhh.