5 months ago
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
another day...
If there is one thing that can said by our weather this week it would be described as a roller coaster! Above normal temps, a January rain storm, 40-50 mph winds, a blizzard and cold sunshine - all happening within 4 days! This is a view out of our windows yesterday, considering we are protected by a windbreak of trees it was still nasty. Looking across the open fields, it was a whiteout and all the major highways were closed by 3 pm since it was a danger to have snowplows out in the zero visibility.
Today is filled with bright sunshine and clear skies but it is still only zero degrees out.
The birds are all fluffed out in the cold...
enjoying the sunshine! Gotta love that beak shadow...
and the sparkle in their eyes!


I'll take sunshine even on a cold day...
rather than gray skies any day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
What a sight out your window. I just heard on the noon o'clock news about your zero degree weather Marsha...don't know how you do it...sunshine is good on any day...we just can't get enough of your bird photos..
Your weather yesterday looks much like mine,and yes,today we had bright sunshine. Gorgeous Blue Jay shots.
Blessings,Ruth
Marsha, such horrific weather, but what beauty around you. These pictures are fantastic; I don't have the words to tell you how much enjoyment that they bring to me. ... the jay's fluffed out feathers, the detail and shadow on the beak, his quizzical look, and detail of his crest ... all of it!
And just think...it's only JANUARY!!! The way things are going the school kids will be still in school come July!!
Great photos as usual! Love your bird shots! Stay warm!
OH what a beautiful sight! Look at those birds! What a blessing to see these birds in real life! Awesome!
Sandra
I don't know how you take such fabulous photos of birds. I always enjoy seeing them. We've been on a weather roller coaster too! laurie
I could sit and bird watch out your window all day long! Just beautiful!
Fabulous bird photos!
Cold but sunny wins every time! Love your Jay photos!!
I'm with you Marsha.....I'll take sunshine and 0 degrees any day! I love your bluejay close-ups!
I'm with you Marsha.....I'll take sunshine and 0 degrees any day! I love your bluejay close-ups!
Brrrrr...so cold! You take the best pics Marsha...so clear and with such personality. Love the Jays.
Post a Comment