
Today is a gift:
A package filled with time,

Beauty, and love.

Inside are thousands of seconds
Waiting to be shared

With family, friends,
Co-workers, one's self.

Today is a gift

Filled with sunshine,
Smiles from strangers,

Tears of goodbye, and
Touches of love.

Today is a gift freely given
To you and to me

With no conditions,
Only that we cherish
And use it well.
(Today Is a Gift, by Vivian Doering)
Another beautiful albeit cold day, filled with sunshine and birds waiting in the early morning light for me to get out and fill the feeders.

Please head over to
Susan, A Southern Daydreamer, to view the many other bloggers participating in Outdoor Wednesday. She has beautiful camellia blossoms posted, I just cannot imagine such beautiful blossoms in January!
16 comments:
Boy those pictures look cold. I can verify that it was or is very cold as the sun comes up. Isn't it nice to have the sun for a change?
That was really lovely.
Beautiful post and beautiful day ... Cold weather seems more manageable to me when the sun is shining ... I'll take a sunny cold day any time to a gray cool day.
Beautiful sun and snow photos. They are so sereen and the birds look peaceful as they wait on their food.
Simply divine post!
Joyce M
and how wonderfully perfect photos to go with the poem.
Beautiful pictures and words.I felt like your post was a special gift to me today.Thank-you.
Blessings,Ruth
Gorgeous Marsha!
It's sunny and very cold here today too. But at least I see sun, I was starting to feel like a mole. I need to get my feeders out. Hugs, Cindy
Beautiful words with even more beautiful photos Marsha. :c)
What a great uplifting post. These are some beautiful photos, you must have been up pretty early? My birds do that same thing, waiting to be feed.
Have a great weekend.
Lovely series of image and words. thanks for sharing
And your gift to us is those beautiful photos! Inspirational!
Very pretty pictures, though cold! The birds are beautiful. Sorry to be so late in visiting you for Outdoor Wednesday. Have a great weekend...Kathy
That was lovely and your photos are very inspirational, too. :)
Awesome sunrise! And what a good friend you are to get up and experience it for us :-)
How beautiful..the colors are wonderful!!
Yes, today is a gift..that is why we call it The Present..
(I have a stamp that says that..:)
Post a Comment