
It is the third morning in a row of temps of -20 or below and since I am not venturing outside I have more birds to show through my window. The feeders are extremely busy on mornings like these, but I do feel sorry for those with frost around their eyes!

On the last post, Kay Kay asked if I had a heated birdbath. I do, but this year it is buried in the snow on top of my rock fountain. The heat is enough to keep the snow off the top and the birdies still find it. If the heated dog water dish in the garage is empty so do my dogs as you can tell by the tracks on the rock.

This sparrow is not a house sparrow - what do you guys think...an immature harris? It does have a slight V of black on his chest so I will try for a shot of that next time.

Have a wonderful day - and please head over to Mary's, the Little Red House for all the others participating in Mosaic Monday. You can find her post and the links
HERE.
25 comments:
What a cute shot of the birds lined up on the deer. I think the birds pose especially nice for you since you're so kind to them :)
WOW!! I think you do have a first winter Harris's Sparrow! Found similar picures in "Sparrows of the United States and Cananda"
STUNNING!!
Marsha, I'll bet the MOU would like to see you photo.
What lovely and interesting photos of the different bird in your garden.
I´m pleased about your garden and your wounderful photos - so I will add you to my favorite Blogs....
Greetings from Germany
Birgit
Oh my! As I am looking at your photos all I can think is "soon I can take pictures just like that" LOL!!!! That is awesome! Such amazing shots that you take out of the window!!! Oh I cannot wait! I have never taken many birds shots because I can't zoom into them....those days will soon be over! I have enjoyed seeing all of your bird shots. Poor little things, you know they are cold!!!
I don't know, Susan, the lined up birds remind me a little of Alfred Hitchcock :) Very cool shots, Marsha! I really enjoy them!
Hi, Marsha;
That bird mosaic is a fab piece of artwork! I have visited a few bloggers this a.m. who are showing off such lovely photos of birds. I know nothing about birds (though I have been adopted by a little red birdie this winter.) I think it's time to visit the local bookstore and start educating myself. Stay warm!
The are so darling. Hope they stay warm and find lots of food to eat. Our birdbath is frozen solid here in Atlanta and so is the fountain. Burr!
Joyce
Those are amazing shots! Love them all perched on the branch there and that bluye jay is looking pretty full. So wonderful they have a place to get food with the snow and cold.
I love all your birdie photos! It's so good that they have a happy place to congregate! ::Jill
Wow, Marsha.
I love the birds sitting on dear picture. Just makes you feel like Christmas...
Thanks
Your birds look well taken care of in spite of the cold.I do believe that is a Harris Sparrow.
Blessings,Ruth
Marsha, wonderful mosaics ... I don't think I'd venture far if the view from my window was as interesting as yours.
The Harris sparrow certainly is a handsome little bird. It's fun to see all your visitors. The group on the deer really seem to be posing for you.
You know the saying, “Can’t see the forest because of the trees”. Well I had to go back to check out your photos after reading the comments about the deer. I totally missed it because I was checking out the birds. I am just starting to learn about birds, but the last photo looks like a juvenile Harris Sparrow. Love your photos!
Beautiful captures. So delightful!
Cheers for the New Year!
What a beautiful little sparrow! It's 16 here this morning, and I just know I'll need to venture out and quickly throw some more seed in the feeders... brrrrr....
your birds are so lovely. we love brids at our house. happy new year
Your bird pictures are wonderful! Have a happy week!
Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I was delighted to see yours. I adore gardening, and love all the birds that stop by my feeders. Your pictures are so wonderful, so many lovely feathered friends you have. I can't wait to see your garden in spring. I know I will love it!
Kate
Marsha,
Wow, a Harris Sparrow! Lucky girl and such a nice shot of him!! I feel for you and the birds ..looking at those -20 temps!! It's so nice you are such a good care taker of your back yard visitors...I bet they line up in the morning waiting for that food!!
i noticed your comment on my favorite blogsite,
burnbrae journal. and now i have your lovely blog
to enjoy, too. isn't this so much fun hopping around the world to see its beauty?
blessings!
WOW Marsha, What gorgeous visitors you have. Beautiful photos and mosaic, Happy New Year, Kathy.
I believe in your Harris! Congrats! Lovely mosaics too!
What great shots - the birds know they have a good home there. Still waiting to see Johnny..doesn't look like he is going to be back.. :(
Wow...you have the most beautiful birds and capture them so well.
Post a Comment