The red chair doesn't look quite as welcoming this am as it did 6 months ago!I'm cleaning out my photo files on the computer and couldn't help but notice the difference 6 months makes here in my garden. I'm not complaining by no means just showing the comparisons I am a firm believer in "to everything there is a season...".
On June 8th there were lots of deep purples and blues amongst all the fresh green in the garden...on January 8th the color is still there you just have to look a lot harder for it!
On June 8th it rained so I captured raindrops on the beautiful blues of the false blue indigo (Baptisia australis)...on January 8th there is snow but I still have many beautiful blues in the garden!
On June 8th a robin scoots along the rock path gathering nest materials...on January 8th, I say "what path?" as the snow is a foot and a half deep.
There is no comparison photo on June 8th of a Harris sparrow. They are just beautiful migrators here and on June 8th they had already passed through on their journey north and on January 8th they should have been enjoying the warmer temps of the south for a few months already! But this January, I am enjoying seeing this little immature one who must have lost his identity and thinks he is a house sparrow mingling in with the large flock I have this year.
16 comments:
Those are probably the best Harris's Sparrow pictures I've seen. All that studying about your camera has sure paid off.
I love the comparison photos..and you know I love to see snow photos. I've never seen, (that I know of) a Harris Sparrow. We have the Song Sparrow here, and a ton of them.
I love the shot of the 7 Blue Jays on the sleigh!
Wonderful comparisons, Marsha. No wonder we love our gardens so much after our winters.
I think you will get a giggle out of this one.
We are having our first official snow day down south. The schools have closed and there is a whopping 1/16 of an inch of snow (maybe where it was blown into a small corner next to a curb)on the ground.
Your pictures as always are beautiful.
I got a new camera for Christmas and I am looking forward to giving it a work out in the days to come. It has lost of really cool features and does a lot more than my old camera.
Blessings
Robin
Oh Marsha! How I am enjoying your garden blog. It warms my heart to see all your birds. Your pictures are so beautiful, and so clear. Thanks for sharing them with us. I have never seen so many Blue-Jay's at once! Love it!
Kate
This was a fun post.I enjoyed seeing the comparisons,each season has it's own beauty.
Blessings,Ruth
Great post! The photos are beautiful and my, what comparisons!! I just love all the birds but the baby blue jays just grabbed my heartstrings!!
Thanks for sharing, Marsha! :-)
xoxo
Jane
Don't you just love the comparisons. I love the seasons, but we don't see them in Southern CA like you do...
That's why I so love visiting your garden, winter, spring, summer and fall!
That little Harris's sure is pretty. I think the immature is more handsome that a mature.
Great comparisons - I would rather see the ones on the left!!!
Now we're hearing about roofs caving in from the snow!!
Oh my... love your "blues" in the garden right now. :c)
What a clever idea, Marsha! Love this! The blue jays in snow are so pretty. I wish we had more pretty birds around these parts. We mostly have big bruisers like hawks and eagles... Very cool post!
Beautiful pictures of both extremes ... It's nice to see colors year round... Definitely from different sources but still both are lovely. I think the extremes of winter make us even more grateful for spring and summer. :)
Marsha, I sure have missed your blog while I was on vacation. I'm going to enjoy catching up! Love this post.
I just love this post. I used to love the Deja Vu threads at GB. That photo of the blue jays might be one of my favorite ones yet that you've show. Just love it!
Hi Marsha,
I'm glad you're able to find beauty in your garden even in January. I love all those bluejays! And how lucky for you to have the Harris sparrow at your feeders. Did you report that one to the MOU? It may be a special sighting for your county--esp. in January.
Post a Comment