Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life...

the little hummer stopped to read my garden stone...it reads, "Life without friends is like a garden without flowers"
I'm thankful for my life filled with family and friends and a garden filled with flowers and birds. Above, the Nelly Moser clematis that I just planted in August is blooming. Below, I love the way the late afternoon light highlighted this morning dove (my, what big eyes he has!).
The fall migration has started and the pine siskins have arrived. They can sure deplete the thistle seed quickly!
Yesterday, I "spotted" (ha, ha, I laughed at my own humor there) this frog sunning himself...
and I must have been capturing his bad side, because he turned around for me to photograph his right side.
Enjoy LIFE! I sure do...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The frog's right side is much more appealing! Cute photos, I'm enjoying life pretty darn good too.

The Birdlady said...

What a great post today! All very beautiful.

BJ said...

Marsha - your post is so charming. And the pictures are wonderful too. I can't begin to imagine my life without beautiful flowers and friends. They just go together. And I am so blessed to have you all in my life!

jalynn01 said...

Oh your hummer looks like it can read! great photo and I just love the 'spotted' frog. He's stunning there sunning himself. What a colorful fella!! Lots of friends in your garden today.

Leedra said...

The Pine Siskin and the frog are the best!

I have given you a blogging award. Please come for a visit and retrieve your award.

Jayne said...

Is there not just such a plethora of things right in front of us which can, if we notice them, bring us infinite joy? How can people NOT notice? I'm with you Marsha. Enjoy life! :c)

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hello Marsha!! You certainly said a mouthful with your first photo!!
And I can attest to it with a friend like you! Being one of my oldest (not in age, hehe) blogger-friends, you have been such a motivation for me, thank you!!
Ok, enough...your frog looks like he is preparing for the upcoming hunting season. Pretty cool!!
Very nice photos, Marsha!!

Jen said...

Hi Marsha-
I am drooling over your hummingbird pictures--they are my favorite.
Congrats on your blog award from Leedra. :)

Unknown said...

Hope all is well haven't seen a new post from you. I do enjoy looking at your photos. Stop on by and check out the new meme I found--Watery Wednesday.