Thursday, January 17, 2008

Swan Landings....

Some of the swans were at the little park when I arrived but most of them flew in over the course of the morning. The swans are huge birds and even in a crowded river they had such graceful landings. The aerodynamics were just like an airplane...first it was wingtips & landing gear down...


then a hard braking with the feet flat & forward...


and the canadian geese follow the same procedure though did not seem near as graceful :-)
Wish you could have been there!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Marsha...I wish I could have been there...but you did a great job of bring them to us!!
Wonderful photos.

RuthieJ said...

Oh man, Marsha, I'm just sighing looking at those pictures. So amazing! Wish I could have been there too! Wonder how long it takes to drive to Monticello from Rochester?? Do the swans stay all winter?