Briefly, they checked out the house holding my chickadee family but were quickly discouraged from going back there. Mr. Wren has also arrived and I am a little more worried about my chickadees with him around as wrens can be quite deadly to eggs/baby birds in houses they desire. I have not seen the baby chickadees yet but the parents are faithly bringing small insects and little green worms into the house so they must be hatched. I look forward to sharing photos when I finally spot them.
5 months ago
1 comment:
I so enjoy reading about your birds. I'm learning more by reading here.
My chickadees and white crowned sparrows disappeared. They were in abundance too. I noticed about three weeks ago they are gone. They seemed to disappear when the western bluebird came. However, there are two cats now showing up that live in the neighborhood. I'm thinking, since the sparrows live more in the bushes than trees, that they felt threatened enough to leave..
great photos...sandy
Post a Comment