Saturday, December 16, 2006

Candy Cane Lane. . .

Here comes Santa Claus,
Here comes Santa Claus,
right down Candy Cane Lane

Wait -
maybe I should be quoting
"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"


When I set up "candy cane lane" as a new addition to my outdoor Christmas decorations, I never imagined that they would not be sticking out of a blanket of white snow at this time of year. December has been very mild and things are looking pretty brown out there, but I'm not complaining. No snowy messes tracking in the house, no yucky roads to drive on and no bone chilling cold - but OK maybe a little white dusting for Christmas wouldn't be all that bad. . .

This pesky squirrel and all of his buddies are taking advantage of my Christmas spirit and raiding the bird feeders daily. If Santa's making his list and checking it twice I'd say they are definitely on the naughty not nice side of the list . . .they make such a huge mess, damage my feeders and scare away the songbirds. Gabi & Ruger need to spend less time in their warm bed and more time out hunting squirrels!

No comments: