Thursday, May 01, 2014

2014 Garden Party #1...

This garden season, I would like to get back to regularly showing garden photos and so I have decided to join the weekly garden party over at Fishtail Cottage's blog. Each Thursday, she hosts a link up party where you can visit many garden blogs across the country to see what they have blooming or for inspiration for your own gardens. I have added the garden party icon to my left sidebar and you can visit her blog with the links to all the parties by clicking on the icon.

We have had cold, rainy weather for a week here which is greening up the grass but my gardens are off to a slow start. The only real color I am showing are my 2 forsythia shrubs which at least are a "sunshine" color on these gray days.
A walk around the backyard found these tiny crocus blossoms.
They are so small I didn't see them until I was right next to them (lower left in photo), notice the photo bomber?
Next, I went around to the front beds and discovered some very early tulips.
Gardening will be a little extra challenging for me this year because Maya always has to be right beside me and managed getting into the tulip shots too.
She's just too cute to not enjoy her tagging along everywhere…
and when I'm in the house, Hershey gets the tag along buddy though I don't think she appreciates it as much.

6 comments:

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Loving that Maya!! And your brown hound is beautiful too! Gosh dang, they're cute :0)
Your garden is beautiful. Spring is such a beautiful time of year!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Suzanne

Trisha said...

Yay for spring & beautiful flowers! Your fut babies are too adorable!

~Trisha

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love forsythia! Yours is so pretty. I have two forsythia wreaths in my home. And oh my word, those pups are adorable! Love their names too. :)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

We're just starting to get going in our gardens too, a few daffodils open but no tulips yet. Your furbabies are sweet!

Mollie said...

Beautiful signs of early spring and love, love, love the photo bomber! Too cute!! And Landon in his fedora--cuteness overload. Thanks for sharing!

Fishtail Cottage said...

so fun to have you share your garden post this week at Fishtail Cottage's garden party! I'm glad your jumping back in to the gardening part of your blog - looks like you have a lot to share, can't wait to come back to your blog again and again! oxox, tracie