Thursday, May 22, 2014

2014 Garden Party #4...

I am happy I made the goal of joining Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party each week. It gets me out to take photos of the flowers like I used to and I have discovered I missed seeing the garden up close and personal :)

This week the service berry tree and shrub are both in full bloom.
I love to take photos of the birds among the blossoms…
The tulips, daffodils and muscari are all bright little spots of color in my backyard garden.
The front beds are also colorful with tulips but our harsh winter has really damaged all my roses. A few bushes are sprouting new growth from the roots but some look completely dead.
I finally went annual shopping and bought enough to only do my planters. I'll have to make another trip this weekend for garden plants. I planted the front pots in a cherry color scheme and the patio ones are a hodgepodge of plants that caught my eye. I especially like the cherry/white verbena blossoms.
Hop on over to Fishtail Cottage to see what others are sharing this week. I always enjoy looking at other gardens!

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images. So much colour.