Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Grand Canyon...

This post is a little photo heavy but how could I not share some of the many photos I took of the grand canyon on the two days we visited. The one below is one of my favorites. At this lookout there is a sign which says if you can see a mountain formation on the other side of the canyon (which we could, because it was an extremely clear day) then we were looking 60 miles across the canyon. Simply amazing how big it is!
We have visited the park once before in February 2003. On that visit it had snowed the night before so the roads were icy and it was windy and cold. We enjoyed this trip so much more as it was sunny and 64 degrees which is shirt sleeve weather for us.
Back in 2003, we were able to drive to both the east and west ends of the park but now you can only drive the east route and shuttle buses run the west route. I remembered being amazed that two Bible verses were posted at Hermit's rest on our previous visit so on this trip I searched them out. Sadly, there is only one left and a damaged rock where the second one was once adhered.
and finally, if you have been reading my blog over time you know I can't go on vacation without taking a "vacation kiss" photo...

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Beautiful. Love the vacation kiss tradition.

lb said...

I think "shirt-sleeve weather" is a MN term..

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a majestic sight this place must be,and to think that God is even greater than the Grand Canyon.