Monday, November 04, 2013

Harvest...

"Autumn ends the harvest
And breathes old thanks-filled tunes.
A fruitful, swollen storing time,
It hangs huge, yellow moons."
Mike Logan

Harvest is almost done in my area of the country and most of the tractors I see driving by are now pulling plows instead of wagons. The fields across the road have already been tilled and the field next to my house was harvested while I was gone last week. Cornstalks and partial cobs await the next round of equipment to move in to turn the soil.

4 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love this time of the year! Are you getting the snow I just saw on TV? Hope not :-) We have had gorgeous fall weather and no snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Harvest is done here and now we wait for snow to be the great equalizer,making all fields and yards look the same.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely Harvest quote! The fields are being harvested here too. Mostly done now, a few are still left. They are calling for some snow this week in Md. :(
Thanks for the visit, I think you would like visiting New Mexico. have a happy Sunday!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely Harvest quote! The fields are being harvested here too. Mostly done now, a few are still left. They are calling for some snow this week in Md. :(
Thanks for the visit, I think you would like visiting New Mexico. have a happy Sunday!