Friday, November 01, 2013

Surprises...

November is a quieter month for me and I'm going to try the daily photo challenge once again even if it ends up being a photo from my phone which I always have with me. This month's challenge also emphasizes gratitude which is a lot easier for me to elaborate on the subject title.

Today's subject was Surprises. I'm spending a few days up north with Brooklyn and we are having lots of one on one Brooklyn and Grandma time. She is a very vocal little girl and her vocabulary for someone just turning two is amazing, I'm not just being a proud grandma either - people comment to J & S all the time on her vocal skills for her age. To say that this little girl is full of surprises is an understatement to me. Today she told me a long story about a little boy that came over to play and he pushed another little friend, so his mommy had to have a talk with him and he had to go to timeout in her room. When I ask her if she needs to go potty, she tells me "No, I'm fine, I'm really fine". A new favorite is to tease her mommy with a line from a movie…"MOM, the Meatloaf!" and then she giggles and giggles. Finally, the biggest surprise to me is her aptitude with the iPad and her mommy's phone. She just whizzes through games and sings many songs with the apps and I sometimes struggle with new computer skills :)

So surprised and proud of this little two year old!


I'm equally proud and constantly surprised by the new things my darling little 15 month old, Bailey! She walks backward and does the moonwalk. She has no fear so needs to be watched closely. She is learning to talk and learns new words daily, even if she can't say the exact word, all the syllables are present.


My trick or treaters trying on their costumes together earlier in October…

Grandma added a bow to Brooklyn's penquin to make it a little more feminine like Bailey's leopard.

I'm so filled with gratitude for these two little angels and can't wait to experience our expanded family in 2014!

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute little angels! You are blessed! Have a happy weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing. It is a joy to watch them grow uneven if at times it seems too fast.

Louisette said...

Cute fotos grandchildren, have a nice fall.