I finally am seeing COLOR in the garden this week! In these parts my peonies and lilacs usually bloom around Memorial Day and I am finally enjoying the sweet scent of lilacs in the garden this week. The first of the garden peonies is in full bloom and I expect the others will soon follow suit as all are sporting huge buds. The iris are also all blooming.
I planted this perennial poppy 2 years ago and this year was the first to have multiple blossoms. Such a striking color compared to the orange ones I grew up with.
Yarrow, loosestrife and blue flax add more color.
I had several clematis die after our long winter and the remaining ones (even group 2's) have had to regrow from the roots and not previous stems. Dianthus and roses add more pretty pinks to the backyard.
I added 2 coral peonies in the fall of 2011 and this year I have the first buds opening. Gorgeous!
5 months ago






3 comments:
Yes, you DO have color! My peonies and ground phlox are past; roses have had their first riot...clematis now & a few lilies about to open. What a beautiful time of the year.
Your garden is so beautiful Marsha!I also had a few clematis die and some of the remaining ones have had to regrow from the roots.
Your garden is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment