Monday, October 22, 2012

mosaic Monday...

After several hard freezes the only blossoms in my garden these days are the hardy mums and these beautiful asters. I love the color combo of the purple with the orange asian beetle.
On Saturday, Jeff discovered a beaver dam being built in the drainage ditch on our property. The ditch is really low in water right now since we are in a drought so I imagine the beaver is trying to create deep enough water to survive this winter. We took a walk down to see it close up on Sunday afternoon.
The dogs accompanied us and of course on such a beautiful autumn day decided they needed a swim. Hershey checked out the dam looking for a stick that she could play " "retrieve" with - it's her absolutely favorite thing to do in the world. Doesn't matter who you are, if you are on our yard she brings you a stick or a ball.
After finding an appropriate sized one - she soon had Jeff tossing it into the water for her.
Many times over she retrieved that stick from the water - Jeff got tired of the game before she ever did :) My favorite photo was this next one - she takes a running leap off the bank and jumps down to the water - I love the circles in the water from all the splashed water drops :)

1 comment:

Misty Pines Homestead said...

You are so lucky to get your dog in the water,I got this lab/wolf mix that hates water.Go figure lol.