Monday, August 27, 2012

long time no see....

A LONG, photo heavy and overdue post... I've been a very busy woman the last few weeks and computer "fun" time as well as blogging have been low on the priority list. What have I been doing? Being a Grandma is high on the priority list and I've been spending lots of time with this cute little girl!
Bailey is such a good little baby and humors her grandma by letting her pose her in all kinds of props to take her photo!
Grandma saved her daddy's beloved sock monkey for 33 years and added a tutu to match Bailey's :) Monkey has been so loved that he has lots of repair scars to show for it.
This one shows Bailey laying on one of the 2 quilts Grandma made for her. Her mommy and daddy are avid Timberwolves fans so she needed a team themed quilt to snuggle under and cheer for them.
I just love seeing a baby in a basket...
This weekend Auntie Jayme and I hosted a baby shower for little Miss Bailey and Grandma was so busy manning the tables and visiting that she didn't get her camera out. Lucky Auntie Jayme did so HERE is a link to her blog and if you don't pop over for a visit a quick peek at some of her photos...
This week I am fortunate and get to spend lots of time with my other little Princess, Miss Brooklyn! At 10 months, she is growing by leaps and bounds and is such a little ball of energy. Yesterday, Jayme and I took her to the Rose Garden, overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth for a quick photo shoot. Grandma bought her a chair at a thrift store and Brooklyn loves it and acts like the Princess she is in it...
There is not a day that goes by that Jeff and I don't thank God for our 2 beautiful granddaughters - what a joy they have brought to our lives! Thanks for letting me show them off today - Brooklyn and I are hoping to have a slightly overcast day to go back to the Rose Garden and take some photos of the beautiful flowers there!

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Where to begin? Both of these little ladies are so incredibly cute. I guess all I can say is enjoy each moment,they grow up so fast. My little one is now 6 ½ years old and heading into grade one.Where has the time gone?

Jayme said...

So cute!!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, they are adorable! Some day I will need some photography tips :-) Did you put that flower headband on Bailey just before she closed her eyes to take her nap? Or do you decorate her with the pink netting while she is sleeping? LOL

Mollie said...

Oh my! This blog was worth the wait! Bailey is a little doll and that Brooklyn--her smiles lights up her entire face and the world! So glad you have time to spend with them.

Mollie said...

& I LOVE Jayme's "baby comments" included with Brooklyn and Bailey's photos. They seem spot on!

Lisa said...

Love seeing your Brooklyn & Bailey photos!

Lisa said...

Love seeing your photos of Brooklyn & Bailey ~ so cute!

Jayne said...

Is there anything more precious than baby photos? Great job Marsha. Smiled the entire time I was scrolling. :c)