Friday, June 01, 2012

Butterflies and Brooklyn...

I've been lucky enough to photograph some beautiful butterflies in my garden like this swallowtail last summer...
and even luckier to experience the monarch migration several times over the years.
This past weekend was mostly damp and cold but I did spot these 2 butterflies in the garden...
but my most favorite butterfly photoshoot was beautiful Brooklyn modeling a butterfly headband for my June header!
At 7 months, Brooklyn doesn't sit still for very long so Jayme and I had to be quick with our cameras. She just wanted to crawl off the blanket and explore grandma's garden :)
As we were taking photos and a really neat thing happened...do you see it below?
A butterfly landed on Miss Brooklyn's headband!
Soon it moved to her back and checked out the flowers on her outfit.
We thought on this Memorial Day weekend, it might have been a sign from her angel big brother, Ethan.

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Brooklyn is definitely the prettiest butterfly around. How special to have that butterfly land on her!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a sweet post. I just love butterflys, but I agree with you. Brooklyn is the sweetest! And to have a butterfly land on her is so very special! Have a wonderful weekend.
Nancy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your butterflies are beautiful, but Brooklyn is the most beautiful of all. She is just darling. How cute for the butterfly to land on her.

Rebecca said...

Just PRECIOUS! Everyone one of those pictures of your Brooklyn!