Wednesday, February 01, 2012

little things...

Sometimes it is the little things that make life easier that can bring you joy and in this week of painting (opened my 9th gallon this am) it is the handy little snap on paint can lid. It sure makes for less mess with a handy pour spout and screw top so the paint doesn't dry out - from Home Depot for 3-something.

I'm also loving that the really messy parts of remodeling are done and I am in the clean up and put back together phase. Heida Woodworks has started the cupboards and they are a few weeks from being finished but it will take me that long to clean every room in the house from all the white plaster dust. Not looking forward to the day when I finally attempt the fireplace as all those stones are pretty layered in white.

2 comments:

Marigene said...

I am getting ready to paint my dining room...that neat top would come in handy, if I can find one here in the middle of nowhere!

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

That's a cool can topper! We used a paint stick which was also pretty cool, you just sucked the paint into the handle and it filled the roller. Glad you are in the clean up phase, looking forward to seeing pics of the finished projects!