Wednesday, January 04, 2012

joy...days 2-4

Day 2 of choosing Joy and Project 365(6) started with Jeff & I running errands. He had to stop at a local farm store that I usually don't shop at so I browsed around while he picked up what he needed. Wouldn't you know I spied a few toys in the clearance Christmas section that I know will be popular with Brooklyn on future camping trips with Grandpa & Grandma!This Cat flashlight personally gave me Joy but also choosing to smile at everyone I met or waiting on me while shopping also was heart lifting.

Day 3 had me working hard emptying out my kitchen...what a sense of joy and accomplishment I had when I finally finished.
Today, day 4 has Jeff and I removed all the cupboards in preparation for my nephew, Kyle, to come and take down some walls. Yes, we took on another winter project and this one is a big one...a new kitchen. I am so excited to open up one wall and close in others in order to maximize all the space I can. It will not be a quick project with lots of things scheduled during construction but I'm sure there will be lots of little joy photos during the process :) Today, I had to smile everytime we removed a cupboard to discover what was underneath...found some missing silverware, coupons, a postcard, stickers, a clipped out newspaper article on "Is your child ready for kindergarden" and what brought us the most joy...a photo of Jayme and her barbie house all dressed up to party!
Yes, hard work can still be quite joyful!

No comments: