Monday, June 06, 2011

mosaic Monday...

Sorry, for the lack of blogging lately but things have been so busy that I can't seem time to catch up. We had wonderful weather this weekend and I spent the majority of it outside working in the gardens. The iris are blooming as well as the...
shasta daisies. My pots are starting to fill out and Elsa Spaeth is the first clematis to blossom.
Did you notice anything missing in the background of the photo of the iris above?
I finally realized I cannot keep up with the weeds in all the gardens and the yard garden was the most neglected. I want to be able to have some time to enjoy our yard and not be constantly working so J helped me move the arbor to the backyard. Then while I transplanted the plants I wanted to save he did the demo.
I smile when I see the fresh gravel and not the weed patch it had become. Now I just need to get the backyard in shape and I'll show you the arbor's new home.

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh I love these flower mosaics.I too have let some gardens/flower beds go.I cannot take good care of them all.

Marigene said...

Gorgeous iris!

Chris & Kelli said...

Alrighty Marsha, figured I would hit you up on your turf! Haha. Okay, when you painted your hardware what paint did you use? I have tested some out and nothing in the silver/nickle colors look "real" they look painted. Spray painting was the original plan, but I'm hesitant... a tin ceiling in the kitchen would be good! I've been wanting one ever since I saw it in an niche shop a few years back and a recent trip to the antique store solidified the thought, might be really good in there since we don't have a hood over our stove right now!

By the way, lovin' the flowers! Really wish my yard looked like this. I have a couple rhod's blooming and the purple peonies right now... but really diggin' the iris!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I found a weed killer that I am happy with, and it's safe for pets and humans. The garden is looking great Marsha!

Kathleen said...

Your iris look great! One less garden to weed! I am cutting back this year, too much work,