Monday, April 04, 2011

rural rest stop...

This evening around 7 my neighbor, Jane, called to tell us that migrating swans were spending a few days resting in the fields by their yard. I grabbed the camera and the low angled sunlight made for perfect lighting.
It was so fun to see these beautiful birds only 1/2 mile from my house.



The fields in our area are finally melted off leaving lots of water, but the road ditches and my backyard still have quite a bit of snow. Hopefully in a few more days it will all be gone with 50 degree temps finally forecast.

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The lighting is perfect.Seeing these birds so close to home is very special.

Simple Home said...

Beautiful Marsha. I know I haven't commented much lately, but I'm still praying for your nephew.
Blessings,
Marcia

Darla said...

beautiful images here. Hoping you see more melting snow and warmer conditions soon.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

My gosh, they're beautiful!

trishatfox said...

What a magical sight!

Bonnie said...

How lucky we are to live in Minnesota. We get to see these amazing sights. Winter has been long, but Spring is almost here. YEAH! Great shots!