Saturday, October 02, 2010

Jay Cooke state park...part 2

What a difference a week makes - I went up to Duluth again this past week and visited Jay Cooke state park once again. In the first three photos I tried to take the same shots I showed in the last post.

This photo showing both branches of the river was taken with my purse sized camera set to "foilage" which made the sky a robin egg blue.
(a photo from April 2008 to show the water levels then)
The suspension bridge - look how low the water is currently...
compared to April 2008!
This is the view from the picnic area overlook.
The walk to the overlook was gorgeous!

More photos from my visit "up north" to come, it was peak foilage time and so different from looking at corn fields everyday :) Today, I am thankful for autumn's beauty.

10 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for taking me on this beautiful walk.Love all the color.
Blessings,Ruth

Unknown said...

G'day Marsha ~ What an awesome time we had walking with you today. TY for inviting us along ...

We finally finished both house constructions & took off for 2 weeks. I apologize, but will be better now.

TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Jayne said...

Wow Marsha... how very beautiful!!!! Thanks for showing us the progression.

Carol said...

Stunning shots, Marsha!

troutbirder said...

What a wonderful collection of fall photos. It been a long time since we've been to Jay Cooke one of my favorite Minn. State Parks. I need to go back! :)

Wildflowerhouse said...

You make me miss Minnesota,but thanks for the pictures.

Mollie said...

Yes, miss fall in the upper Midwest. Thanks for the virtual tour of places that evoke so many memories. Not that I've been to these exact places but my country ramblings in the fall in Wisconsin--leaf covered trails, beautiful fall colors everywhere!

Marigene said...

Beautiful scenery...but it looks cold! Your foliage is really pretty, ours has barely started turning yellowish.

trishatfox said...

It looks like you hit the peak just perfectly. The most stunning colors I've ever seen were along the North Shore. But that was decades ago. I've never hit it quite right since. Your photos are beautiful.

Foley said...

Gorgeous photos - hope you are enlarging them and printing them off for your house!!
The water levels are crazy down here - they are opening up the dams in MN and letting it come to us!! Can;t believe all the flooding again this year..odd for the fall, usually seeit in the Spring.