Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the arrival of autumn...

Fall colors are showing everywhere I look these days and this is my favorite time of year. I love the sights, sounds and smells of autumn days!
Last week on a trip to visit Jayme, I checked out Jay Cooke State park for fall colors...
the trees were just beginning to turn and made a gorgeous backdrop for the rocky St. Louis river.
I'm going to visit her again this week and hope to capture many more "fall color" photos to share.
This MN map that was on a sign at Jay Cooke shows why I love the trip "up north" so much at this time of year. I live in the vicinity of where I typed the word "prairie" and my daughter lives where I typed "forest". The 4 hour trip through the 3 distinct areas is simply gorgeous and filled with color!
I hope you are enjoying this sunshine filled week as I am! Today, I am thankful for red maples - wish I had some of my own :)

8 comments:

Darla said...

and you have captured the beginning of Fall beautifully.

Carol said...

The color of those leaves are gorgeous!

BJ said...

What beautiful color Marsha! I love the Fall. Both Fall & Spring are my favorite times of the year.

Thinking of you and your Koi and wondering how soon before you begin removing them & getting them ready for a long Winter. I know that it is so much work for you...but I sure do enjoy everything on your beautiful property.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, you could frame the fourth photo and display it on the living room wall! Love the fall colors in the other photos also.

Wanda said...

Those are absolutely stunning. The colors in the first one...oh my goodness... I stand in awe again!

Jayne said...

Oh, I do hope you get to get more shots a few weeks from now! I can't even imagine that river shot with everything all colored out! Beautiful!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That is such a rugged but beautiful part of the country! I'm sure you'll be driving back and forth many times in the future so I hope to see more beautiful scenery.

Foley said...

I love the fall colors -