Saturday, September 04, 2010

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha...

If you watched tv during the Brady Bunch years like I did, then you are probably familiar with the phrase "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..." - I have heard it said to me MANY times over the years. So when plant browsing online last winter I discovered a plant with the cultivar name "Marsha" that was hardy to zone 4 - I knew I needed to add it to Marsha's Garden.

May I introduce Marsha (Gentian 'Marsha"). I purchased my 2 plants online from Mason Hollow Nursery but they no longer show it on their website. I found the info on the link above at Nature Hills Nursery where it is also out of stock. - I guess us "Marsha's" are quite popular!
Marsha, Marsha, Marcia...is part of my daily google reader updates of the blogs I follow...
Marsha - Marsha's Mpressions
Marsha - Marsha's Garden Blog
and Marcia - Blessedmom's Simple Home - a mom of six who is one of my faithful commenters even when I do not always have time to comment on her wonderful blog.
Check them out they are all wonderful blogs. I am told most often that when people google my blog they are often directed to the "other Marsha's Garden" :)

In honor of the "blue" of my Marsha genetian I'm posting two of this morning's bluejay visitors. This one is quite normal looking...
and this one is currently molting making for a pretty sad looking bird.


Have a great holiday weekend!

9 comments:

Darla said...

Haven't heard of this plant before...I know the exact episode of Marsha, Marsha, Marsha...loved that show! Molting makes the birds look so sad.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Marsha, Marsha, Marsha Sweetie...
What a wonderful idea to search for a plant by your name. I can't wait to see what the flowers looks like when the buds open. I hope you will share that also. They look quite delicate and the color is so beautiful.

Your poor little blue jay. I think the heat has taken its tole on quite a few of our fine feathered friends and I believe that is why so many are molting. He appears as though a barber gave him a burr instead of a trim.

Oh thank you for sharing this morning. I have so enjoyed my visit. I can't wait to see your blooms open into flowers.

Many hugs sweetie...Sherry

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

We have the Gentain growing wild not far from our place.That last Blue Jay looks like the ones we have right now.
Blessings,Ruth

Rebecca said...

Your "Marsha" flowers are my favorite color!

I understand Marcia is the feminine form of Marcus - a Latin/Roman name. It means (or maybe refers to) "a Roman goddess"!

It must be fun to have a flower in your garden that shares your name. There is a white daisy called "Becky" that I am trying to track down at a reasonable price. While I now go by "Rebecca", I hope to have a Becky in my flower garden next year...

Jayne said...

Loved the Brady Bunch and can't hear that expression without grinning. :c) How lovely that they named a flower for you and that you were able to put it in your garden!

trishatfox said...

Great shots, as always.
"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha," was one of my favorite lines.
The other was Peter saying, "Pork chops and apple sauce," in what I think was maybe a James Cagney voice in the one an only episode that was devoted to him, the poor overlooked middle boy. Ahh, memories.

Jayme said...

Perfect flower for you. Very pretty!

What's not very pretty - that hairless blue jay!

Carol said...

Love your visitors! and I remember Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! and how about, Oh my nose?

Very beautiful flower!

Marsha said...

As another Marsha, I not only identify with the whole Brady Bunch reference but with the truly ancient recording that consisted of two voices speaking to one another: "Marsha!" "John!" "Marsha . . . " "John?" etc., in different emotional tones. Grew up with that one. And I love the flower you found!