Friday, January 02, 2009

winter reds....

I love touches of red in the winter...the last of the roses from my christmas centerpiece...the bright red spot on the male downy...
and someone got a new red collar but getting her to pose is almost impossible as she is more than just a little rambunctious these days!

14 comments:

jalynn01 said...

There is just nothing like a puppy and Hershey looks like a soft warm lovable one to me! Her red collar looks so nice on her dark coat.

RuthieJ said...

Happy New Year Marsha.
I love your new header pictures--especially the bunny/pheasant showdown!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

She's such a beautiful puppy. I'd just love to rub her shiny coat.

Jayne said...

Love Hershey's ornament! She's such a cutie!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Marsha!

I love the way the color red 'pops', especially during winter.

Hershey is soo adorable! I don't imagine there is such a thing as "winter blues" when there is a puppy in the house!

xo~m.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Such a pretty rose to brighten a very snowy day over here.Hershey looks pretty cute too.
Blessings,Ruth

Cynthia said...

Marsha, puppies don't pose :) .... Heshey's a beauty and red is definitely her color.

Love the red on the male downy.

a quiet life said...

that last pic made me laugh out loud, just adorable! i think you made me enjoy red more! love the woodpecker too~ great post!

La Table De Nana said...

I love H wearing red!

Anonymous said...

Hershey is the cutest, cuddliest pup! Adorable! Love her red collar with her brown coat! She's a love!

Cool bird!

Wanda said...

Splashes of red are wonderful, and the rose lovely.

Hershey is so adorable...Great collar!!!

Such soft sweet brown eyes.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

You know I love the red ;)

I've been seeing lots of woodpeckers here lately too - they are so much fun to watch and very fast - hard to capture.

Hershey posed so well with her ornament! Adorable photo, Marsha!

Anonymous said...

Hello Marsha, I am slowly finding my way around the blogs from WFD! I love your bird pictures - I happily watch my backyard friends and what is it about any little fellow that has some red on him? They're special for some reason, don't quite know why. I have some visiting woodpeckers too.

Your little Hershey is just adorable! I love the picture of Jeff in the cab with his co-pilot!

The Birdlady said...

I love all your red - and the puppy - oh my, she's cute!