Thursday, April 19, 2007

Garden Time Again...

It's time to take your rake and hoe,
Your shovel and your spade,
To find your way outdoors again
And get your garden made.

The April sun is bright and warm
Against your windowpane,
And beckons you to come along,
It's garden time again.
(Garnett Schultz)


FINALLY...the first bloom of 2007! I was so excited to discover it yesterday while raking off the garden. It's looking a little ragged from our tough spring but still very beautiful to me. I think it will also be the only bloom for quite a while as I have a ton of rabbit damage out there - most of the spring bulbs are eaten down to ground level and the rest are only 2-3" tall.

Today is quite blustery out but yesterday was wonderful and I took advantage of it to do some garden cleanup. Oh, how I wished I could have been tilling and seeding but as the weatherman reminded me last night we have hard freezes until late April and frosts on average until mid May. I wish it were May :-)

No comments: