They look at me with eyes of love;They never hold a grudge...
They think I'm far too wonderful
to criticize or judge.
Gabi & Ruger, our faithful companions, are always happy. In the summer, they spend hours waiting for me to get done in the garden in the hopes I'll take them for a walk. Now that winter is here they watch me go to the mailbox to get the mail hoping I'll start walking down the road and they can accompany me. After many disappointed moments when I only got the mail they have learned to wait by the house :-) They are my best exercise motivators. They are smart enough that when they see Jeff come out of the house with his orange hat on that they get to do their very favorite thing which is pheasant hunting. They run ahead to the truck and are in the box before Jeff can even get the portable kennel loaded and won't leave the pickup when he finally comes home.
Yup, these two are always happy, always faithful and I thought they deserved a little recognition so I entered them in a calendar contest. I was so excited to receive an email saying the first photo was selected to be in the Tri County Humane Society 2007 calendar. Turns out they only warranted a small date sized square at the end of April so I decided the big photo needed to be posted here.
No comments:
Post a Comment