Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Smiles. . .

Keep a smile upon your face
and happy thoughts in your mind.
Always look for the good in others;
It's the greatest treasure you'll find.

Try spreading a little love and joy
to all those you see.
It doesn't cost you a thing;
Everything done for love is free.

Try practicing a little restraint
when others make you mad.
Lend a listening ear to those
who might be down or sad.

So always try to wear a smile
and keep a happy face.
Enjoy the gifts God gave to you.
Live life at a slower pace.
(Shirley Hile Powell)


I'm trying to live life at a slower pace and enjoying every minute of it. I said "no" to a few time robbing requests and found out that you can say "no" and things still work out especially if you say "no" with a smile on your face. Tis the busy season of shopping/baking/cleaning/entertaining all things that can rob a smile from anyone's face but if done with a smile they are easier (ask me, I tried the Friday after Thanksgiving shopping this year). I hope you enjoy this poem - it is such a good one :-) These little greedy guys always bring a smile to my face. Notice one even figured out how to pick up 2 peanuts at a time. . .they empty 3 big handfuls of peanuts in around 20 minutes.

No comments: