Monday, November 06, 2006

huge, yellow moon. . .





Autumn ends the harvest
And breathes old thanks-filled tunes.
A fruitful, swollen, storing time,
It hangs huge, yellow moons.
(Mike Logan)












These past two nights we have been blessed with a beautiful full moon. On Sunday it appeared yellow/orange as it rose but on Saturday it was a cool white. I chose this poem because of the "yellow moon" line but also because we are thankful that most of our farmer friends have their crops out and are finishing the plowing for the year. The landscape has returned to flat, black fields.




What beautiful evenings and absolutely gorgeous weather this weekend had compared to our cold temps last week. I spent both afternoons outside and with the sun setting at 5 pm I watched the full moon rise (the sunset wasn't bad either). With this week of "indian summer" predicted, I'll get my fish out...my windows washed and maybe start hanging the garden christmas lights (don't worry, I won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving).





Take time to watch the sun set and the moon rise...you won't regret it!

No comments: