Friday, October 13, 2006

Seasons. . .





I'm glad I live
Where seasons change -
I like my world
To rearrange.
(author unknown)








The juncos came back to my garden about 10 days ago. I should have known we would have an early snow. My dad, a lifelong farmer, was full of little "weather wisdoms". He always called the juncos "little snowbirds" because they arrived when it was going to snow and left in the spring when the snow was done for the year. For that reason they always bring me sweet memories of him.





On Wednesday afternoon the first snow arrived in the form of little ice pellets. It looked like someone had cut up styrofoam over the garden. All of yesterday's snow is history but most of the plants froze out. There is a time for everything and I am ready to start the cleanup before it gets too cold out there.

No comments: