
I revel when Autumn's palette
Appears upon the scene,
With hues of golden splendor
That are strewn with red and green!

The sunrise casts its shadows,
So picturesque and still,
Across the hills and valleys
To share Fall's morning chill!

While the quiet, peaceful countryside
Lay slumbering through it all,
O'er night, the Master Painter
Changed Summer into Fall!

No season is more tranquil,
More soothing to our souls,
Than the long-awaited Autumn
With the magic it unfolds!
(Mary Chevalier)
It is a beautiful, sunny fall day and I looked out the window to see Ruger and Gabi napping in the sunshine. They dragged their bed outside but I guess the grass was more comfortable after all :-) As long as I was outside with the camera, I discovered ice on a frozen pond plant that had a beauty of its own. The "fall trees" are from our Oct. trip to Itasca and the sunrise was taken Oct. 12th (the morning of our first snowfall).
No comments:
Post a Comment