Thursday, June 05, 2014

2014 Garden Party #5...

It's Thursday and that means time to join the Garden Party over at Fishtail Cottage once again! It also means little Aleah Jo is one week old, can you think of any better reason why I missed joining the party last week?

With all the rains we've had lately my garden weeds have grown by leaps and bounds so I chose not to show any big garden views this week until I can spend some time out there taming the jungle.  But amongst the bright yellow dandelion blooms are some beautiful blossoms finally opening up including the irises.
Everything is so late this year that I am still waiting for the peonies to bloom, but I finally have lilacs (the scent is heavenly), jack-in-the-pulpits, wild phlox, columbine and one lone guernsey cream clematis blossom.
The first shasta daisies have appeared…
and this big snapper moseyed across our lawn the other day. Except for these quick photos we kept the dogs and Bailey far away from those strong snapping jaws!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your iris are SO beautiful...Things have been late around here, too.

And OH, that snapper! That's WILD!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your Irises are spectacular.

Fishtail Cottage said...

love your iris's - you have such a pretty collection of them...& how funny is the turtle going across the lawn. is that normal?thank you for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party this week! xoox, tracie