Tuesday, May 29, 2012

hummingbirds...

My garden is hosting several hummingbirds for the last week and what a joy they are. I love that they are territorial and actually sit near the feeder they stake out to protect it from the others coming for a drink. This leads to lots of fun aerial shows that I sure wish I was fast enough to capture with the camera! I'm very thankful for this male ruby throat that spends most of his day perched in the pine lady. Depending on the lighting his throat appears red, orange & even black.
I'm looking forward to sharing lots of photos this week of birds, blooms and Brooklyn :)

3 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Beautiful hummer shots Marsha! I was entertained by a male ruby throat all weekend at the lake. Our feeder is just outside the bathroom window, and he is great company while I am drying my hair ;-) I am intrigued by the throat colors on the male. It was looking metallic!

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always. Hummers are quite entertaining.

it konsulenter said...

Nice birds shared so that can be know that and visiting in that place so lovely and more fantastic place shared.