5 months ago
Friday, March 27, 2009
more spring arrivals...
I love this time of year when you start to spot the migrators. I first noticed these beauties last night...
the handsome little fox sparrows. They are fun to watch feed because they use a "jump" motion to stir up food before eating it. You spot the motion before you see the bird.
The robins are here in large numbers, a favorite spot is the watering dish.
It was only 19 degrees this morning so this one was all fluffed up warming in the sun. Notice again he has one foot tucked up keeping warm?
As short and round as the previous one looked...this guy is doing his long and lean pose...
and this one is doing his best (wings down) to pose like a chicken.
"Harley, the horse" is now peeking out of the back barn door. I think I made him too small but Jeff says a mini horse for a mini barn.
Since there is still so much black space as soon as the weather warms enough to paint outside, I am painting on a spider web and "Charlotte" in one of the corners.
I'll be "Old McDonald" I mean "Old McMarsha" by summer even if all my animals are faux ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Those spring arrivals are encouraging.A spider web would look pretty cool above the horse's head.Hope we get to see a picture.
Blessings,Ruth
I love to watch the birds. Thanks for sharing yours.
Great job on your clay horse!! I think he/she? looks super!
Can you leave him outside all yr around or will he crack with the cold and freezing in the winter?
Glad you are seeing those fox sparrows..they are definitely diff. to capture with the lens...always on the move..wish I had half their energy! ;-)
I'm loving your artistic abilities! Great horse (the eye makes it!) and am looking forward to Charlotte.
looks like a little colt!!
you're so talented, McMarsha :)
Nice post, Marsha. You really did a nice job on Harley. A web and Charlotte would be a nice touch.
Big difference between the robins ...The round one definitely is puffed out.
I don't recall every seeing a fox sparrow. They really are little cuties and such pretty coloring.
Old McMarsha! That's too cute! I love your barn and horse and the web wil be perfect.
Love that fat little robin!! The fox sparrow is a new one for me..
Harley turned out so cute, and the web and spider will be perfect. Marsha, you are so talented!!
I just told my husband that I know where I want to go on vacation this year...to your house. Your photos are amazing! The horse on the barn you crafted, and the little house your husband built for you from a photo are works of art. I am in AWE. It is all so BEAUTIFUL. The photos of your garden and the birds and the dogs and the animals are beyond words. I am having so much fun viewing your blog. THANK YOU for sharing all your talents!
Joyce
Your pics are just so lovely! I just can't believe how good you are. Cindy
Oh Harley came out sooo good!!! I just love him. I think he's just the right size and the spider web will look so cute. Those future grandkids are going to love it! I really am looking forward to see what you do with the plantings around the barn. You have such a beautiful place and wonderful eye!
Harley is adorable!!!
Marsha, you continue to amaze me! The bird shots are fantastic and I ADORE your barn and artwork!
Spring things with 19 degree weather, I can't remember what state you are in. Great birds and that horse is perfect, can't wait to see Charlotte and her web!
I tend to think the Fox Folks are among our handsomeest sparrows. Nice post.
I love the little Fox Sparrows. They are so very colorful. So good to see Harley looking so happy! I am sure he'll love having Charlotte for company. :c)
Your little horse is really cute! I'll have to start watching for fox sparrows around here.
Old MacMarsha, LOL! You crack me up! Great post, Mac! The horse looks great! Can't wait to see Charlotte!
Marsha ~~
coming to your blog is just so delightful... Every picture is perfect, and I feel such a connection to all your little feathered friends...
They are darling.
Love and Hugs
Wanda
Love that horse! Can't wait for Charlotte!
OMG that one robin photo is outstanding! It took my breath away this morning!
The arrival of the birds in spring really makes me smile, what cute picturse of them, Marsha!
I LOVE Harley! Look at his big adorable eye ;)
Post a Comment