
I had plans for a trip to Duluth today so the blizzard warning our area of the state is in is not being welcomed!

I'm sure all the area school kids are enjoying their day off...

as other's are busy rescheduling canceled activities.

Me, I'm disappointed I'm missing a special day with my daughter and wishing for spring...

but probably not as much as the goldies are.

They have been housed in a tank in the garage since
early November and have not eaten since October. Don't feel bad for them though as it is actually harmful to them to eat if the water temp is below 50 degrees and on the nice days I check the temps and the water is still quite cold.
13 comments:
That is very interesting about the goldfish. I never heard that before. What beautiful pics of the birds. I especially like the one with the bird taking a piece of food. Thank you for sharing your photos and your blog. Hope you get some warm weather soon.
It's too bad you had to miss your Duluth trip with you daughter. But just within the last few minutes the rain turned to snow here in the Twin Cities and it's coming down like crazy. Better to stay home and safe off the roads.
That is very interesting about the fish. I do hope all of ya'll start getting some spring weather!!!
Will winter ever end? We had a couple days of pure 'heat'(70) over the week end and now it's back in the 30's! Hard to believe, but I think it's slowly coming. I see the signs all around me. Hang in there...
Marsha, I'm so sorry you had to miss your trip. I know how you were looking forward to it. More great pictures for us though! I sure hope this is your last blast of winter. Sending warm thoughts your way.
Marsha - I'm sure you're bummed about missing the day with your DD, but I have it on very good authority (lady at the grocery store) this week will be our last week of winter! From her lips to God's ear!! lol
Marsha,
So sorry you missed your visit with your daughter..:( it's good that the lady at the grocery store is predicting that this will be the last week of yukky weather..maybe she was reading the farmers almanac during break!! I'm all for warmer temps..as they keep telling me..it's right around that darn corner!!
This certainly has been a long, hard winter! Cold and very windy in the forecast for us tomorrow.
I'm so sorry you had to cancel our trip, Marsha :(
Your goldfish certainly look alive and well! Amazing how they can go so long without food but I'm sure that's how fish in the wild exist also.
Marsha, what a bummer having to miss your trip ... Will you re-schedule it?
More lovely bird pics from you and I love the pine one.
I always amazed at how the goldfish survive.
Marsha, I always love the bird pictures, and we get a bonus with the pine cone. I know you are disappointed that your day with your daughter didn't work out, but you made a wise decision due to the weather. I hope you can get together with your daughter soon!
Blizzard conditions over here as well.I sure hope this is the last one of the season.Your birds look very cold.
Blessings,Ruth
Hate you missed your trip Marsha, but glad you will be home safe and sound. :c)
bbbbrrrrr...but such gorgeous photos...hope your world warms up soon...
Post a Comment