5 months ago
Sunday, March 15, 2009
heat wave...
What a difference a few days makes! We went from 5 inches of fresh snow and temperatures below zero on Wednesday to 55 degrees today. The snow is almost completely gone, everyday we see geese flying north and I saw my first robins yesterday.
The above shot shows the lawn between our house and the road and the Colorado Spruce windbreak we have surrounding our yard. We love the privacy the trees give our backyard but they are diseased and dying off. Two of them had to be removed which left a gap in the tree line and this is where the new little garden barn will be placed. This spring I have plans to start a small garden around the barn and build a path across the lawn from the backyard to the barn with a firepit gathering area in the center. One more day and the first part of this project should be close to being done ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
It's so cute. I can't believe how quickly it came together. Your boys are fast workers. I cant wait to see the new gardens you put around it. I know you must already have gawkers at your place and even more so with the cute little red bard. :-)
You're not wasting time - but I know you have to take advantage of Jeff's time before he starts getting busy.
Your idea for a path a firepit sound like a great idea...what kind of seating area are you looking at?
that's going to be so nice when you finish your work...love the barn!
Adorable. Your plans sound fantastic, can't wait to watch you put it all together, love the firepit idea.
Love the barn, and especially that you will be enjoying it while sitting around the firepit.
Wow, you all are really making progress! A wonderful fire pit sounds lovely outside "the barn." :c)
No kidding. I sat on the porch yesterday basking in the sun at 45 degrees and thought I was in sunny Florida.
Marsha, after your winter, 55 degrees must have seems balmy.
Love the green roof on the barn. It's looking good.
So sad about the Colorado spruces ...
Sounds like you have some ambitious plans ... walkway and fire pit.
I'm sure the finished project will be fabulous.
Wasn't this week-end great!! Love your ideas and plans, we also saw our first robin. YOUHOO!! Cindy
Your barn looks wonderful...and you guys really did a nice job and FAST!!
So glad you are having nicer temps..I think we are all enjoying the signs of Spring..just waiting for those first blooms!!:)
I figured you two were busy working on this! Looking great.
Wow! You two are fast Freddys when it comes to building something. I can't believe it is up and painted. How did you do that so quickly. I just know come Spring you will have the plants coming up and the firepit started. Can't wait!!
We've had the same wonderful warm-up here and it's been grand. Today and tomorrow should be the best.
The new shed is almost done! It looks so cute!
Wow, you have done a lot!
It looks great, and I wish you many happy times sitting out there enjoying it!
What a cool red barn....
Marsha, you two are fast! Looking good! I like your plans for it with the garden.
Wow, that looks awesome, you two are amazing!
Post a Comment