Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday misc...

The twelve days of Christmas are ending tomorrow and we had one last family celebration on Saturday. With the winds and snow we had a smaller than usual group but whenever we are together it is always so much fun.
The big cousins, and little cousins and their mommy's sat across from me during gift opening so I got lots of candid expressions...my favorite kind of shots! Tomorrow the boxes come out and the decorations come down and we'll bring our tree out to the garden for the sparrows and rabbits to hide in. I know I am behind most people taking the holiday stuff down but since it all went up so late I figured I was safe to leave it out until epiphany.

10 comments:

a quiet life said...

its great you got so many celebrations since you were down out for the xmas~

The Birdlady said...

Looks like a fun gathering - and the junco is lovely.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Glad you got to celebrate a little longer, Marsha! I just finished undecorating today.

Unknown said...

Great photos. Glad you had a decent gathering, don't know much about snow stopping family from coming by, do know about thunderstorms though. Keep your Christmas decorations up as long as you want to, you might actually make it in a Country song, LOL. That being said by a redneck girl.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful collage (Is that the correct term?)

Marsha, did you use the same program that you used to make Ketcie's alphabet poem?

Such a wonderful extended holiday.... hope you are feeling better.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, my friend always undecorates after the epiphany. I love seeing decorations in her home after I have taken mine down :-) Glad you are enjoying the extended holiday after being sick for Christmas.

Jayne said...

What a sweet framed collage of memories! We'll have a Twelfth Night service tonight at church and sing We Three Kings.... then we'll feast! :c)

Peggy said...

VERY CREATIVE! Happy New Year!

Putting the tree out for the birds is such a great idea!

jalynn01 said...

It doesn't matter what the day is... it's the get togethers, the fellowship, the fun, the memories we make that matters. And, by the looks of your collage a good time was had by all. I love the candid shots! They are the best. Glad you are feeling better .. The wildlife will love your tree when it goes out to the garden.

La Table De Nana said...

Oh I love the way you did that!
Yikes M you have a lot of people and animals in your life:) Full and Rich I would say!